Lagos - Day 4
Met Carlos. Unemployed Portuguese guy staying in Hostel for the night. Very talkative and triste.
- Life is tough my friend
- Four fucking times, four fucking times they stole my bike
- Yah, yah, life.
- But, you have to stay positive, you know?
- Thats the key
We went outside and and somoked
- My brother is dead
- How did he die?
- He is dead. He died 4 years ago, life.
- I have no money, you know there is no work
- I have nothing, no food, don’t like begging
- I have work on Friday. I make a fence, maybe I do some other things. I will get €50. Is OK.
We went back inside and Carlos began washing up some dishes, one slipped and landed with a porcelin clang on the worksurface.
- Still alive, he said
- Yeah, thats the most important thi….
- No - the plate - its still alive.
- Ah yeah.